Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"My car is here. My car is not here. Where is my car?"

Today, my translation prof, Rodrigo, told us a story about a friend of his who went to England, although he really didn’t speak a whole lot of English. The friend drove from Spain to London, and while he was there, he parked in a tow-away zone. Of course, when he came back, his car was gone. He said to the police officer, “My car is here. My car is not here. Where is my car?” We laughed, not only because this statement was so awkward, but also because we can all relate to this guy!


Anyway, I spent the weekend in Leon and the surrounding area, a few hours south of Oviedo. The pictures below are of Las Médulas (Roman gold mines) and the cathedral in Leon. Both are absolutely amazing...the pictures don't do them justice.



We have a long weekend this weekend, which we're spending in Paris. So, I'm getting up bright and early tomorrow to get on a bus to Madrid, and then a plane to France! I'll be back on Sunday night, and I'm sure I'll have about a zillion pictures to post then!

2 comments: